- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
How did money from slavery help develop Greater Manchester?
About these articles: These articles were written by a number of different authors. They reflect the ways in which the Greater Manchester region developed as a consequence of the transatlantic slave trade, especially on the back of slave-grown cotton.
Please note that the views expressed are personal perspectives by the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Revealing Histories museum and gallery partners.