- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
How did money from slavery help develop Greater Manchester?
About these people: Many of these families from the Greater Manchester region made their money from activities associated with the transatlantic slave trade. Some people also held strong anti-slavery positions.