- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
How did money from slavery help develop Greater Manchester?
About these places: Many of the grand buildings in Manchester, reflect wealth generated through the transatlantic slave trade. The transport links and the vast warehouses show how important the storage and movement of cotton was to the economy.