- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
How did money from slavery help develop Greater Manchester?
About these videos: A number of events and activities held in the region's museums and galleries to commemorate the 2007 bicentenary of the British abolition of the slave trade talked about the importance of slave-grown produce to the development of Greater Manchester.