- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
Legacies: Commemorating the bicentenary of British abolition
The Fight to End Slavery: A Local Story at Touchstones Rochdale
A Local Story was a temporary exhibition which examined the enduring struggle to end slavery in North America and Rochdale's fascinating role in the story. The exhibition was held from 17 May to 9 September 2007.
The exhibition won the accolade of ‘Outstanding Contribution to Black Heritage 2007’ awarded by the Black History Foundation.