- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
Why was cotton so important in north west England?
About these articles: These articles were written by a number of different authors. They discuss the importance of slave-grown cotton to the growth of the north west of England.
Please note that the views expressed are personal perspectives by the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Revealing Histories museum and gallery partners.