- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
Why was cotton so important in north west England?
About these objects: These objects from museums and galleries in Bolton, Manchester, Oldham and Rochdale show how important cotton was to the economic development of the north west of England.