- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
Why was cotton so important in north west England?
About these places: All across the north west of England there are buildings and transport systems that were built as a result of the industrialisation brought about by the expanding textile trades and the import and export of commodities as part of the transatlantic slave trade.