- How money from slavery made Greater Manchester
- The importance of cotton in north west England
- The Lancashire cotton famine
- Smoking, drinking and the British sweet tooth
- Black presence in Britain and north west England
- Resistance and campaigns for abolition
- The bicentenary of British abolition
Why was cotton so important in north west England?
About these videos: A number of events and activities held in the region's museums and galleries to commemorate the 2007 bicentenary of the British abolition of the slave trade talked about the importance of cotton to the development of Lancashire towns and the north west area.